The Randall Story
E. Broox Randall and Sons, Inc. was founded in 1922 by the man after whom the firm is named. RANDALL Insurance had its origin in providing auto insurance coverage and roadside emergency services in association with the Randall Motor Club in the early 1920s. The firm grew to become one of the larger businesses of its kind in Southern California in the 1940s and 1950s with as many as four locations at one time, rivaling the Southern California Automobile Association (SCAA).
The Randall family continued to be involved until 1970 when the firm was purchased by the Plaza Corporation, a subsidiary of Travelers Insurance Company. The firm focused exclusively on providing all lines of insurance services and products.
In 1988, Richard M. Bryant purchased Randall Insurance from Travelers. Richard’s philosophy is “That the client’s interest comes first. As brokers we should act as impartial advisors rather than salespersons. In effect, we function as a member of the client’s staff or family, rather than as an outside vendor whose interest could conflict with the client’s needs.”