Employment Practice Liability Coverage
Top 5 reasons your business needs coverage
There is a misconception that Employment Practice Liability Insurance is only necessary or affordable for larger companies and employers. The annual premium for an EPLI policy is almost always less expensive than defending even the simplest employment claim and small businesses are often the most affected. Here are 5 reasons to look into Employment Practice Liability Insurance.
- Statistics show that businesses are more likely to face an employment claim than a property or general liability claim with everyday tasks like; hiring, compensation, promotions, accommodating disabilities, terminations, sexual harassment, and more.
- As the economy shifts, employment lawsuits often rise as employers try to deal with the job loss and lack of opportunities. On the other hand, as business booms, lawsuits can arise during the hiring process and position shifting.
- Small firms are just as vulnerable as large firms. Statistics show that firms with 15-100 employees actually suffer over 40% of all EPLI claims. It is not uncommon for legal fees associated with winning an employment lawsuit to exceed $250,000.
- Both defense costs and settlement amounts for employment practice can have a serious financial impact on a company. Employment practices insurance is critical to protect organizations from the potentially large cost of employment litigation.
- You make decisions everyday that impact your employees and these can lead to a claim for a wrongful employment practice if not handled correctly. Once a claim turn into a lawsuit, results favor the employee. Of the suits that go to trail, employees win over two thirds of the time.
At Randall we strive to help clients protect the things that matter most. Speak to a Randall Agent to learn more about EPLI coverage.
Call us at (323) 936-1010